Pneumatic Sample Press
Graphite cathodes are pressed reliably, reproducibly and conveniently with the Pneumatic Sample Press PSP. By the push of a button, an easy to clean pin presses samples into the back of cathodes. By pressing cathodes from the back, surface contamination is significantly reduced and reproducibility of sample currents is improved due to a well-defined graphite position. Cathode holders for cathodes of all AMS manufacturers are available for PSP.
PSP helps you save time in the preparation of AMS cathodes and plays a key role in making high-precision measurements possible.
• Reproducible, reliable and fast pressing of graphite and other materials for AMS cathodes
• Samples are pressed from the back, resulting in low surface
contamination and reproducible currents in the AMS measurement
• Cathode holders for Ionplus, NEC and High Voltage cathodes are available
• Automated pressing by the push of a button
• Adjustable force of 100–800 N for any carbon/catalyst ratio
• Defined pressing time of 1.5 seconds per sample